Why should you consume coriander?
● Cineole and linoleic acid helps in reducing the inflammation found under the skin. It therefore improves the skin appearance. Being anti-fungal and anti-septic in nature it treats fungal infections, eczema and acne.
● Linoleic acid, oleic acid, palmitic acid, stearic acid and ascorbic acid helps in reducing the cholesterol. It decreases the LDL cholesterol. It therefore, prevents heart disease and increases the level of HDL cholesterol.
● Being antibacterial in nature, it prevents nausea, vomiting and diarrhea.
● It is effective in reducing the blood pressure due to the interaction of calcium and acetylcholine as it dilates the blood vessel.
● Citronellol is a compound which is antimicrobial in nature and effective in treating mouth ulcers and wounds.
● It is rich in iron and treats anemia.
● Iron also strengthens the bones and thus prevents osteoporosis.
● Being anti-allergenic, it prevents allergy at the first place. It can combat many seasonal allergies and rhinitis that is hay fever.
● Dodecanal a compound that is two times powerful than an antibiotic against salmonella is found in coriander. It therefore prevents infection against food borne illness caused due to salmonella.
● It increases the secretion of digestive enzymes and juices and therefore helps in digestion. It reduces indigestion.
● It is very effective in curing and preventing smallpox.
● It regulates the menstrual cycle, reduces pain and cramps which women usually experiences during her cycles.
● Antioxidants, vitamin A, vitamin C protects our eyes. It improves vision. It prevents macular degeneration and decreases the strain and stress caused to the eyes. It is very effective in treating conjunctivitis.
● It increases insulin secretion and prevents any spike in blood glucose levels therefore, treats diabetes.
● It treats any kind of urinary tract infection and heals urinary tract.