Filled with phytonutrients, fiber and antioxidants, dates are nothing less than a superfood. Many researchers have released numerous papers on dates being beneficial in treating various conditions due to their anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and anti-tumor properties.
Be it vision health, colon health or brain health, the massive health benefits associated with Dates make them one of the healthiest snacking food on this planet. Let us look at few of the top 10 benefits of Dates.
- Good source of energy - Dates are rich in carbohydrates due to the presence of natural sugars like glucose, fructose, and sucrose. Carbohydrates are the best source of energy.
- Boost Brain Health - Dates are rich in phenolic compounds & natural antioxidants which protects the brain against oxidative stress and inflammation.
- Helps Relieve Constipation - Dates contain high levels of dietary fiber and insoluble fiber in particular, which promotes healthy digestion by bulking up the stool. Studies & trails on many patients have shown significant improvement in their constipation issues when had regular consumption of Dates.
- Relief from Anemia - A deficiency of iron can contribute to anemia, a condition characterized by fatigue, dizziness, brittle nails and shortness of breath. Dates are excellent source of iron and hence resolves the issue of anemia.
- Prevents Heart Disease - Dates are effective at reducing triglyceride levels and oxidative stress, both of which are risk factors for heart disease. It also helps in reducing high blood pressure by making arteries more flexible.
- Promotes Vision Health - Vitamin A is key for eye health and that is vitamin A is also called retinol. Dates are rich in carotenoids, a compound found in vitamin A which helps in preventing night blindness and preserves healthy vision.
- Cancer fighting properties - Dates exhibit antitumor properties hence fights against cancer. Research conducted by Harvard University suggests that eating dates may help improving bowel health and slow down the development and spread of colorectal cancer cells.
- Bone Health - Dates contain boron, a mineral which is crucial for healthy bones along with phosphorus, potassium, calcium and magnesium. It helps in strengthening the bones and thus preventing osteoporosis.
- Boost Immunity - Dates are the single most concentrated source of polyphenols in any known fruit. Polyphenols helps in boosting cellular activity which in turn enhances immunity.
- Relief from Knee Pain - Dates being rich source of fiber, antioxidants, vitamin A and vitamin K helps prevents osteoarthritis.