Kulthi is known as horse gram in english. The reason why it is called as horse gram is because it is fed to the horses due to its high protein content which provides immense energy and strength to the horses. It is packed with vitamins, proteins, iron, antioxidants and dietary fiber. It is anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and anti-hyperglycemic in nature. It belongs to the family of legumes.
Why should you consume kulthi?
- It treats kidney stones effectively. Kidney stones are formed due to the deposition of oxalates, so kulthi helps in the removal of the kidney stones due to its diuretic property.
- It is helpful in curing problems related to menstruation like abnormal periods, heavy bleeding and cramps.
- Being rich in B vitamins and protein, it provides energy and boosts our metabolism.
- Soup of kulthi is very effective in treating cold, fever, bronchitis and asthma as it decreases the congestion and makes breathing easier.
- Being anti-hyperglycemic in nature, it reduces insulin resistance and thus, increases insulin sensitivity in diabetic patients.
- It helps in weight loss.
- Calcium, phosphorus, iron and amino acids present in kulthi helps in boosting the sperm count.
- It relieves of constipation, stomach pain, bloating and flatulence.
- It improves heart health by lowering cholesterol and also lowers the blood pressure.
- It provides warmth to the body.
- It reduces the pain from dry piles.