Health Benefits Of Ginger
People of India and China have been using ginger for over 4700 years. Ginger is used as a spice, essence, tonics and for medicinal properties. Presence of gingerol an oily resin imparts antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties to ginger.
Why should you consume ginger?
- Ginger increases anti-blood clotting ability in blood vessels and therefore prevents stroke and heart attack. It ability further increases if consumed along with garlic and onions.
- It effectively treats various stomach related disorders like bloating, nausea, constipation by soothing the gut lining. It treats indigestion and morning sickness as well.
- It prevents malabsorption by improving digestion and metabolism of the food.
- Ginger has warming property that is it provides warmth to the body internally thus, helps in removal of toxins from the body and lymphatic system. It improves breathing therefore has a positive effect on our respiratory system.
- It effectively treats bacterial infections.
- It has the ability to cure all kinds of fungal infections.
- It effectively cures stomach ulcers and gastroesophageal reflux disorder.
- It has nati-pain property therefore helps in relieving any kinds of pain and reduces inflammation.
- Naturally improves diabetes and increases insulin sensitivity. It can actually reverse diabetes.
- It has anti-inflammatory properties like gingerol which effectively treats osteoarthritis.
- It cures diarrhea by reducing stomach spasms and gases which causes diarrhea.
- Gingerols have anti-carcinogenic property therefore prevents colon, colorectal and ovarian cancer. It reduces the growth of tumor and cancerous cells.
- It has aphrodisiac property as well.
- Ginger decreases the level of prostaglandins in the body which promotes menstrual cramps therefore it relieves of menstrual cramps.
- By decreasing prostaglandin levels, it also helps in curing fever, headache and migraine.
- It treats depression, stress, anxiety and even gallstones.
- Improves circulation of blood, relaxes muscles around the blood vessels and thus prevents formation of clots in the blood vessels.
- It helps in lowering and reduces the absorption of LDL cholesterol.