Haritaki also known as harad in hindi and ink nut in english, is an amazing medicinal plant. It is referred as “mother of herbs”. It has anti-inflammatory, analgesic, anti-ulcerogenic, antibacterial, anti-fungal, anti-carcinogenic, anti-viral, anti-aging, anti-arthritic, antimicrobial, antipyretic, hypoglycemic and hypolipidemic properties. It is loaded with antioxidants as well. Its uses can astonish people.
Why should you consume haritaki?
- It is natural blood purifier, therefore removes the toxins from our body and keeps our heart and all other organs healthy.
- It keeps digestive system in proper health and cures bloating and acidity. It prevents dandruff and lice infection.
- It also prevents hair loss.
- Helpful in treating cough in both infants and adults.
- It is a natural laxative, since it is high in fiber it helps in proper bowel movement and also cures constipation.
- It is extremely good for skin especially in curing redness & swelling caused due to wearing of metal earrings. Being anti-bacterial in nature, it prevents acne & scars. It also acts as a wonderful UV protectant.
- It increases insulin sensitivity by increasing the production of insulin by the pancreas due to the presence of chebulic acid therefore regulates the blood sugar levels and cures diabetes.
- It is highly effective in treating mouth ulcers.
- It helps in cleaning the urinary tract, thus preventing urinary tract infections.
- It treats fatty liver which is caused due to consumption of alcohol and thus avoids occurrence of jaundice or hepatitis at the first place.