Health Benefits of Custard Apple
Custard apple is known as sharifa or sitaphal in hindi. It is a seasonal fruit and high in nutrients and vitamins. The taste of the fruit is creamy and sweet. It is often used to prepare shakes, juices and ice creams. It has zero cholesterol & saturated fats and negligible fats. It is rich in fiber, vitamin A, vitamin C, B vitamins, potassium, calcium, iron, magnesium and phosphorus. It has phytonutrients like epicatechin, proanthocyanidin monomers and dimers.
Why should you consume custard apple?
- Vitamin A and vitamin C improves the eyesight. Riboflavin and vitamin B2 fights against the free radicals produced in the eyes.
- Copper and fiber keeps the digestive tract healthy. It even relieves of constipation and indigestion.
- Vitamin A is helpful in treating the ulcers and boils. It cures redness and inflammation in the skin. It is even good for hair.
- It prevents tooth decay and also relieves of gum pain.
- Magnesium and potassium protects the heart from various diseases. Niacin and fiber lowers the cholesterol and vitamin B6 reduces the risk of heart diseases.
- It provides immense energy since it is rich in carbohydrates. It therefore prevents weakness and exhaustion. Potassium helps in the keeping the muscles healthy.
- Magnesium helps in maintaining normal fluid and electrolyte balance. It treats arthritis by removing fluids and acids deposited in the joints that leads to inflammation.
- It is regarded as the wonder fruit for pregnant women. It cures morning sickness, mood swings, increases the production of breast milk and also reduces the chances of miscarriage and labor pain. It helps in proper development of foetus.
- It treats anemia.
- It is anti-cancerous in nature and also has anti-malarial property.
- Vitamin B6 keeps the GABA neurochemical which is found in the brain at high levels. This helps in calming down the nervous irritability, headache and tension.