Sugary Treat From Nature - Dates / Khajur
Dates are highly nutritious and very sweet in taste. People of all age should consume dates regularly. Dates are rich in fiber, sugar, iron, calcium, phosphorus, potassium, magnesium, zinc, thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, folate, vitamin A, vitamin K and anti-inflammatory compounds.
Why should you consume dates?
- Since they are rich in fiber they cure the problem of constipation. It is regarded as a natural remedy for treating constipation.
- Due to the presence of essential minerals, it keeps our bones healthy and therefore decreases the risk of osteoporosis.
- Presence of nicotine in dates treats various kinds of intestinal disorders. Both soluble and insoluble fiber, amino acids present in dates helps in better digestion and absorption of nutrients.
- Dates are rich in iron and therefore great for treating anemia. It reduces the symptoms of anemia that is weakness, fatigue and decreased strength and energy.
- The organic sulfur found in dates helps in reducing various forms of allergies.
- Since it is high in sugar and protein it can lead to weight gain in lean people and helps in maintaining a healthy weight in an individual.
- Since it is high in sugar that is glucose, fructose and sucrose therefore it provides immense energy.
- Potassium is required for healthy nervous system. It improves the activity of the brain and makes one more sharper.
- Dates are excellent for weak hearts. It effectively reduces cholesterol.
- It increases or improves the sexual stamina.
- Being anti-inflammatory in nature, it reduces inflammation and thus helps in treating arthritis and cardiovascular diseases.
- It is excellent for pregnant women as it helps them during their labor pain.