Top 10 Foods For Heart Health
Every 33 seconds a person dies of heart attack in India even after the emergence of latest technologies and medical facility. Heart disease is number one killer disease worldwide. People take every step to keep their heart healthy. Thousand of people have reversed their blockages in their heart via plant based nutrition dense diet. Plant based nutrition dense diet has the power to clear up the arteries from the deposits of plaque, prevents hardening of the arteries, rise of cholesterol and blood pressure. Thus it helps in keeping the heart healthy. Here is a list of top 10 foods which one should consume for treating, preventing and even reversing their heart disease.
- Celery helps in relaxing the arterial wall muscle thus keeping the blood flow smooth. It also prevents high blood pressure therefore, reducing the stress on the heart.
- Lentils & Beans are low in fat and high in fibre. Due to the presence of multiple phytochemicals it helps in lowering blood pressure, oxidative and inflammation.
- French Beans are rich sourec of fibre and potassium. They contain anti-oxidants known as catechins, which improves heart health.
- Long beans i.e., barbatti is super rich in antioxidants due to the presence of procyanidins. Antioxidants reduces heart's inflammation and oxidative stress.
- Garlic prevents and reduces hardening of the arteries, decreases blood pressure, boosts our immune system and keeps heart healthy.
- Broccoli helps in reducing cholesterol and aids in heart health by keeping blood vessels strong.
- Grapes are perfect food for heart especially the dark colored ones.
- Seeds like flax, pumpkin and sunflower are rich in omega-3 fatty acid, minerals and vitamins. It lowers the bad i.e, LDL cholesterol and raises good i.e, HDL cholesterol. Therefore, seeds are crucial for heart health.
- Spinach is rich in folate, vitamin C, beta-carotene and other nutrients and these prevents oxidization of cholesterol and its building up in blood vessel walls.
- Beetroot contains a compound called nitrate which helps in dilating the blood vessels and thus decreasing the blood pressure and keeping heart healthy.