Bael - " A Sacred Fruit"
Bael is known by many different names like wood apple, elephant apple and monkey fruit. It is considered as a sacred fruit and widely grown in India. It can be consumed in juice form, icecream form or can be eaten raw as well. It has essential nutrients, organic compounds, tannins, fiber, protein and minerals like calcium, phosphorus, and iron. It has anti-parasitic, anti-viral, anti-microbial and antifungal effect.
Why should you consume bael?
- It destroys the worms in the digestive system and is therefore very good for digestion. It is recommended for people who are suffering from piles or peptic ulcers. It is laxative in nature and therefore avoids constipation and abdominal pain.
- It is excellent for detoxification of blood.
- It is helpful in treating earaches.
- Since it is very rich in vitamin C, it prevents scurvy.
- Feronia gum found in the trunk and branches of the bael tree is helpful in treating diabetes.
- It treats respiratory issues like sore throat and also reduces the phlegm and congestion as it acts as an expectorant.
- It provides energy for a long period of time.
- It keeps both liver and kidneys in a healthy state.
- It relieves of snakebites.
- It is helpful in preventing malaria.