Father of all foods - "Alfalfa"
Alfalfa, is basically a legume which is highly rich in protein and denoted as the “Father of all foods” because it has exclusive minerals which no other plants or foods have. Alfalfa is rich in minerals, vitamins, enzymes and amino acids. It contains vitamins like A, B1, B2, B6, B12, niacin, pantothenic acid, inositol, biotin, folic acid, C, D,E, and K. It is rich in minerals like potassium, calcium, magnesium, phosphorus and iron. Trace amount of copper, boron, cobalt, molybdenum and manganese is also found. It is abundant in the eight enzymes which helps in digestion and they are lipase, amylase, coagulase, emulsion, invertase, peroxidase, pectinase and protease. It has good range of amino acids too.
Why should you consume alfalfa?
- Helps in strengthening and growth of the bones.
- Since it is alkaline, therefore it helps in balancing the body’s pH.
- Aids in weight loss as it burn fats effectively.
- Highly adequate in normalizing the entire digestive process.
- Supports colon health due to the presence of fiber.
- Effective against hay fever, cataract and itchy scalp.
- Reduces cholesterol.
- Maintains normal blood sugar level therefore, very helpful in curing diabetes.
- Improves liver functioning.
- It helps to reduce the joint pains due to arthritis and stiffness.
- Helps in reducing post-menopausal side effects.
- Increases overall energy and thus reduces fatigue.
- Acts as a natural detoxifier.
- Vitamins A, C, E and zinc helps in destroying the kidney stones.
- Alfalfa powder when consumed with carrot and lettuce juice is an excellent natural remedy for hair loss and regrowth.
- Helps in removing bad odour