Top 10 Foods For Reversal Of Arthritis
It is just not a disease of old age, 1 in 6 Indians suffer from Arthritis. The four most common forms of arthritis are rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, gout and osteoporosis. Arthritis affects day to day activities and one’s personal life too. The main cause of arthritis is chronic inflammation.
Arthritis can only be suppressed with the help of pain killers which have side effects in the long run. However, we should aim to address the root cause of the disease and plant based diet being anti-inflammatory in nature helps to reverse arthritis. Here is a list of top 10 foods which one should consume for treating, preventing and even reversing arthritis.
- Leafy Greens like kale, spinach, collard greens, swiss chard, mustard greens, turnip greens and arugula are excellent for reducing the inflammation and keeps the bones healthy as they rich in calcium, magnesium and B vitamins.
- White sesame seeds are the richest sourec of calcium therefore, excellent for bones. Along with that pumpkin seeds, chia seeds, flax seeds are rich in omega-3 fatty acid which are anti-inflammatory in nature.
- Raw Papaya are great for joints and helps in reducing inflammation.
- Drumstick relieves of arthritis and joint pain. It is rich in antioxidants which makes them so powerful that they can reverse the inflammation easily.
- Broccoli is rich in calcium, anti-inflammatory compounds, antioxidants, vitamin C and anti-cancer compound called sulforaphane which prevents and slows down the progression of osteoarthritis.
- Pomegranate decreases joint tenderness, swelling, pain and supresses inflammation. It also blocks the production of cartilage destroying enzyme.
- Dates being rich in fiber, vitamin, mineral and antioxidants therefore helps in reducing inflammation.
- Sweet potatoes contains anti-inflammatory compounds and antioxidants which fights against inflammation and treats arthritis.
- Turmeric is a powerful spice which possesses anti-inflammatory compounds and enzyme inhibitors which reduces pain and swelling.
- Garlic contains sulfur compounds and antioxidants which reduces inflammation, pain and swelling in joints and muscles.