Top 10 Foods To Reverse Diabetes
Diabetes is the worse disease one can get as there are hundred’s of other health complications associated with it. Till date, people believe that once they get this disease they have to bear it life long. But the fact is, plant based & nutrition dense diet has the potential to not only cure but also reverse diabetes. This diet further helps in providing protection to other organs like heart, kidneys and eyes. They are low in glycemic index and have zero cholesterol. It also increases the sensitivity of one’s insulin. Here is a list of top 10 plant based & nutrition dense diet for reversing diabetes.
- Whole Grains like quinoa, oats, barley are rich in fiber and thus does not increase the blood sugar levels. Due to presence of fiber, it keeps one full for a long period of time.
- Legumes like beans, lentils, chickpeas are rich in protein, minerals and fiber they prevent spike in blood glucose levels.
- Nuts & Seeds like flax seeds, chia seeds, pumpkin seeds, walnuts are extremely rich in omega-3 fatty acid and therefore provides healthy fats. They help in lowering the blood glucose levels.
- Bitter Gourd helps in lowering high levels of insulin in the blood and also decreases the sugar content in urine.
- Gooseberries are rich in vitamin C and thus increases the production of insulin.
- Guava is an excellent food for any diabetic person because of high fibre.
- Broccoli helps in lowering blood glucose levels, triglycerides and also cholesterol. It also helps imrpoving immunity and gut bacteria.
- Sprouts helps in effective utilisation of glucose and also improves the fasting blood sugar level. It is again high in fibre and excellent source of plant protein.
- Purple Cabbage is one of the most effective plant based food for reducing the blood sugar levels. It helps rejuvenating the beta cells of pancreas so that your body can make naturally more insulin.
- Cinnamon effectively lowers the blood glucose levels along with triglycerides and cholesterol.