Top 10 Foods For Lowering Cholesterol
People few decades ago made sure that whatever they put in their mouth was not very high in cholesterol that’s the reason people used to eat oily, rich food, animal based food rarely may be on some special occasion and because of this people of then did not die of heart disease. But now, people tend to eat more of such kinds of food which are high in cholesterol and saturated fats thus increasing their cholesterol levels exorbitantly and rate of heart attack is going on increasing ever since the advent of modern western diet. Our liver produces cholesterol from saturated fats on its own and when we eat foods high in saturated fats, our liver produces more cholesterol and this cholesterol flows in the blood stream and our arteries gets clogged which results in health complications like heart disease, diabetes and many others. So the best way to reduce cholesterol levels in our body is by consuming plant based nutrition dense diet as they have almost zero cholesterol and one can eat as much as they want. Here is a list of top 10 foods which one should consume for treating, preventing and even reversing their elevated cholesterol.
- Spinach has abundant amounts of lutein a yellow color pigment which effectively lowers the bad cholesterol and clear up the arteries.
- Oats are one of the best food to fight cholesterol. It is rich in beta glucan, a soluble fiber which clears up the arteries by removing the cholesterol.
- Walnuts are rich in omega-3 fatty acids which helps in lowering the inflammation, LDL cholesterol and increases the count of HDL cholesterol.
- Beans are one of the highest source of fiber. It is extremely rich in folate, antioxidants, potassium, magnesium, protein and iron. All these nutrients effectively lowers the cholesterol.
- Nut & seeds are great sources of monounsaturated fats which lowers the LDL cholesterol.
- Soy products like soy milk, tempeh, tofu and soybeans are rich in isoflavones which reduces cholesterol.
- Berries are rich in soluble fiber and decreases the LDL cholesterol. It is also a good source of antioxidants.
- Cocoa boosts the health of the arteries, enhances the blood flow and decreases the blood pressure.
- Garlic is one of the best cholesterol lowering food and also prevents formation of clots in the arteries.
- Avocados have fats known as beta sitosterol which lowers the cholesterol that is decreases the LDL and increases the HDL.