Top 10 Foods For Lowering Blood Pressure
Hypertension means high blood pressure. It occurs when the arteries gets clogged due to deposition of cholesterol and thus more force is required for the blood to flow which ultimately leads to high blood pressure. Normal blood pressure is considered around 120/80 mmHg. High blood pressure should be treated immediately as it is associated with severe health complications. Medications just help in keeping the blood pressure under control but they do not treat or cure it permanently. Here is a list of top 110 plant based & nutrition dense diet which can not only cure but also reverse hypertension.
- Berries are rich in fiber, antioxidants, vitamin C and anthocyanins which helps in reducing the blood pressure.
- Wholegrains like oats and quinoa are rich in fiber and also contains magnesium which helps in lowering the blood pressure.
- Beets can decrease blood pressure within hours as it is rich in nitrates.
- Celery being rich in phytochemicals called phthalides it helps in relaxing arterial walls which causes the blood pressure to become normal.
- Broccoli has fiber, magnesium, vitamin C and calcium which helps in lowering the blood pressure effectively.
- Garlic acts as a blood thinner and therefore, reduces blood pressure.
- Potatoes are rich in potassium and magnesium therefore, helps in reducing the blood pressure.
- Flax Seeds have ample amounts of omega-3 fatty acids which decreases the inflammation, LDL and increases the HDL thus preventing deposition of bad cholesterol in the arterial walls.
- Banana is extremely rich in potassium and thus acts as a blood thinner.
- Pumpkin Seeds are rich in zinc and thus can reverse blood pressure. It also helps in increasing the elasticity of the arteries.