Top 6 Foods For Skin Health
Skin, hair and nails define our health. Modern Western diet, stress, toxicity causes breakdown of collagen, keratin and elastin which keeps skin, hair and nails healthy and glowing. Consumption of plant based & nutrition dense diet keeps our skin, hair and nails in excellent condition and free from diseases as they all are alkaline in nature. Here is a list of top 6 plant based & nutrition dense diet which not only treats any skin disease but also reverses and prevents from further infections.
- Raw organic almonds are rich source of vitamin E. it helps in the production of the collagen. It is a great source of calcium and being alkaline in nature it promotes detoxification of the skin. ALmonds are rich in B vitamins and biotin which further helps in strengthening the nails and hair.
- Dark Green Leafy Vegetables like spinach, broccoli and watercress are rich in vitamins like A, C, E, K and B vitamins and minerals like calcium, magnesium and potassium. All these minerals and vitamins keeps the skin hydrated and free of toxins.
- Orange root vegetables like sweet potatoes, carrots, pumpkin are rich sources of vitamin A. Vitamin C is a potent antioxidant which prevents any damage to collagen, elastin and keratin.
- Pumpkin Seeds are rich in protein, potassium, magnesium, iron, omega-3 fatty acid and biotin which improves the health skin, hair and nails.
- Oats are rich in protein, biotin, B vitamins, magnesium, potassium, fiber and antioxidants. It helps in cleansing the skin.
- Carrots are rich in vitamin A and have potent antioxidants too which helps in keeping the skin healthy.