Richest Source of Vitamin E - Sunflower Seeds
Like any other seeds sunflower seeds is also rich in vitamins, essential fatty acids and minerals. It is one of the richest source of vitamin E. The essential fatty acid which is present in sunflower seeds is linoleic acid. Sunflower seeds has polyunsaturated fats. It is either gray or green in color. Sunflower seeds are rich in minerals like phosphorous, potassium, magnesium, copper, zinc, iron, manganese and selenium. Vitamins like pantothenic acid, folate, B6, E, riboflavin, niacin, and thiamin are found in sunflower seeds.
Why should you consume sunflower seeds?
- Sunflower seeds helps in the synthesis of proteins, regulates hormones balance, builds cell membrane and delays hunger.
- It act as a carrier for fat soluble vitamins A,E,D, and K.
- Sunflower seeds have gamma tocopherol form of vitamin E which reduces inflammation, balances cholesterol, decreases blood pressure and also block oxidation of LDL cholesterol thus protects from all kinds of heart diseases.
- Vitamin E being a potent antioxidant helps in reversing and preventing all forms of cancer especially prostate and lung cancer.
- Selenium prevents breast cancer, apoptosis and thyroid issues.
- Magnesium balances the calcium to potassium ratio and this in turn maintains blood pressure and heart. It also prevents osteoporosis, bone loss, muscle cramps, diabetes, blood clotting, migraine, chronic fatigue, constipation, depression and anxiety.
- Pantothenic acid helps in regulating energy metabolism, hormones and supports fat synthesis. It also maintains a healthy brain.
- Vitamin E helps in keeping skin healthy and young. It prevents premature aging and keeps the skin hydrated and free from tan and pollution damage.