Richest Source of Protein - Soy bean Seeds
Soy has emerged as one of the highest protein containing food among the vegetarians. It has gained lot of popularity recently and is available in many forms like soy milk, tofu, tempeh, soybeans, soy sauce and many more. It has nutrients, vitamins like vitamin K, vitamin C, riboflavin, folate, vitamin B6, thiamin and minerals like iron, manganese, phosphorus, iron, copper, potassium, magnesium, zinc, selenium and calcium.
Why should you consume soybean seeds?
- Soybeans are excellent source of proteins. Proteins forms the building blocks of the cells and the blood vessels and also helps in the repair of the damaged tissues. It increases the metabolic activity of the body.
- It is beneficial for people who want to gain and lose weight.
- Antioxidants found in soybeans reduces the onset of cancer. It neutralises the free radicals and their ill effects. Fiber present in soybeans prevents colorectal, colon, breast and prostate cancer.
- It provides healthy fats and therefore, reduces the LDL cholesterol. It prevents atherosclerosis, heart attacks and strokes.
- Keeps the blood pressure normal due to the presence of two essential fatty acids named linoleic and linolenic acid.
- Isoflavones found in soybeans bind to the estrogen receptor cells and thus reduces the symptoms of menopause very smoothly.
- Fiber helps in better digestion, avoids digestive related issues like constipation and bloating.
- It is very good for bones due to the presence of the essential vitamins and minerals. It helps in the formation of new bones and also increases the process of bone healing. It prevents osteoporosis.
- B vitamins and folic acid prevents birth defects like neural tubes.
- Copper and iron found in large quantities, helps in the formation of new red blood cells and increases the circulation and oxygenation. Therefore, treats anemia.
- It is very promising in preventing and treating type 2 diabetes. As it increases the insulin receptors in the body.
- Magnesium found in soybeans promotes good quality of sleep and thus, treats insomnia.