Raisins are extremely tasty and always tends to form a part of cakes, desserts and sweets. Raisins are formed by sun drying the grapes. Black raisins are produced naturally by caramelization of sugar found in the grapes while golden raisins are produced mechanically to preserve its golden color. Raisins have concentrated form of nutrients, vitamins, electrolytes and is a good source of energy. It is rich in B vitamins, proteins, has zero fat and has minerals like iron, potassium and manganese.
Why should you consume raisins?
- Raisins can naturally reverse the cavities and tooth decay due to the presence of antimicrobial phytochemicals. Oleanolic acid is one of the phytochemicals which inhibits the growth of the oral bacteria.
- Raisins have both soluble and insoluble fiber and therefore makes its very easy for bowel movements. It reduces the chances of constipation and diarrhea.
- Raisina effectively lower the blood pressure due to its high potassium content. It is a natural remedy for high blood pressure.
- Raisins prevents spikes in insulin and therefore treats diabetes naturally.
- Raisins have high levels of antioxidants, which have the ability to fight against free radicals which causes cancer. Thus preventing cancer. Polyphenolic antioxidants like catechins are found in raisins which destroys the free radicals and thus wards off cancer.
- Iron, B vitamins and copper helps in treating anemia.
- The phytonutrients are germicidal and anti-biotic in nature. They even have antioxidants, these in turn helps in lowering the fever.
- Polyphenolic phytonutrients protects the eyes from free radicals.
- Potassium and magnesium are key components of any antacids which is present in raisins too. Therefore, it neutralises the acid and prevents further complications.
- Raisins are helpful in treating erectile dysfunction, increases sperm motility and provides sexual endurance.
- As it has both calcium and boron, thus they effectively work together and prevents osteoporosis.
- Raisins helps in lowering the cholesterol as well.