Eat Sweet Potato For Longetivity
Although it is rich in carbohydrates but it has excellent nutritional profile. It is one of the highest containing vitamin A rich food. It is low in glycemic index than the normal potato and is anyday more nutritious than it. It is rich in vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin B6 and vitamin K all of which boosts our energy. Sweet potatoes are gluten free which makes it again a healthier option.
Why should you consume sweet potatoes?
- Vitamin B6 reduces the levels of homocysteine in our body and thus preventing from various heart diseases.
- It is rich in vitamin C which boosts our immune system, helps in the formation of the blood cells, digestion, formation of bones and teeth., produces collagen which gives skin its elasticity. It even protects against cancer.
- It is a good source of vitamin D which helps in building healthy bones, heart, teeth, nerves and skin. It increases the energy levels, induces positive mood and also supports thyroid glands.
- Iron provides energy, helps in the production of red blood cells and white blood cells. It helps in protein metabolism.
- Magnesium keeps our entire organ system healthy.
- Potassium regulates heartbeat, muscle contraction and blood pressure.
- It is low in glycemic index and releases sugar slowly in the blood therefore good for diabetic,
- Vitamin A fights against cancer and aging.
- It has anti-inflammatory properties due to presence of beta carotene, vitamin C and magnesium helps in decreasing both internal and external inflammation.
- It clears congestion in lungs, nose and bronchi and therefore, relieves of asthma and bronchitis.
- Beta carotene, magnesium, zinc and B vitamins helps in preventing arthritis.
- Presence of fiber facilitates digestion.
- It effectively treats stomach ulcers as it soothes the stomach lining. Due to high roughage it cures constipation.
- People who suffered from any illness or anything which made them lose weight, can consume sweet potatoes to regain healthy weight.
- It helps in quitting addiction like drugs, alcohol and narcotics.
- Beta carotene and vitamin A found in sweet potatoes are excellent for heart and eyes health.