Tasty & healthy Source of protein : Sprouts
Sprouting beans and seeds makes them more nutritious. Most commonly used sprouts are alfalfa, soy, mung beans, chana and other types of beans. The concentration of nutrients and vitamins increases considerably after one week of sprouting. They are mainly used in the form of salads. Sprouts are rich in protein, dietary fiber, vitamin K, folate, vitamin B5, niacin, thiamin, vitamin A, vitamin C, riboflavin, manganese, copper, zinc, iron and calcium. Sprouts are an amazing source of enzymes.
Why should you consume sprouts?
- It makes digestion easier as it is rich in enzymes. It increases nutrients absorption. Fiber present in it relieves from gastrointestinal problems like constipation and diarrhea.
- The proteins and enzymes increases the metabolic activity of the body. Protein is essential for the repair and maintenance of the the cells, skin regeneration and other purposes.
- Folate and iron increases the blood count and thus treats anemia. It increases the blood and oxygen circulation in the body.
- As it is extremely rich in nutrients and low in calories, it helps one in effective weight loss.
- Amazing source of omega 3 fatty acids. It increases the HDL cholesterol, decreases LDL cholesterol, decreases stress and are anti-inflammatory in nature.
- Vitamin A and vitamin C increases the immunity.
- The organic compounds present in sprouts has antioxidant properties. Vitamin A, vitamin C, amino acids and proteins fights against free radicals thus reducing the chances of cancer.
- It prevents from glaucoma, macular degeneration and cataract.
- Lysine an enzyme, inhibits the growth of cold sores.
- It prevents and reduces allergy and asthma.
- Sprouts has an alkaline effect on our body, thus makes it impossible for bacteria to flourish in our body.
- It has chlorophyll which detoxifies the toxin in our body.