Detox Your Liver With Radish
Radish is known as Mooli in hindi. It is an alkaline vegetable and belongs to the cruciferous family. It is rich in vitamin C, vitamin K, folate and have traces of manganese and vitamin B6. It is available in different colors like red, white and black.
Why should you consume radish?
- It is a perfect remedy for jaundice as it helps in detoxification of the wastes and toxins. It also removes excess of bilirubin from the blood.
- Vitamin C helps in the prevention of osteoarthritis.
- Radish is high in fiber thus, regulates bowel movements and cures constipation & hemorrhoids.
- Anthocyanins found in radish have anti-inflammatory properties and reduces the risk of heart diseases by decreasing oxidative stress and inflammation. The fiber helps in lowering the cholesterol by binding to the LDL cholesterol and thus facilitating its removal from the body.
- B vitamins, zinc, phosphorus, vitamin C keeps our skin healthy and hydrated. These further helps in keeping the skin clear and treats rashes, cracks and dry skin. Radish has antibacterial property which prevents us from bacterial infections.
- It keeps kidneys and urinary tract healthy.
- Anthocyanin, folic acid and vitamin C treats various forms of cancer like colon, kidney, intestinal, stomach and oral cancer.
- It is helpful in treating a skin disease known as leucoderma which is characterized by white patches or spots.
- It decreases congestion and therefore, good for treating bronchitis, asthma and allergies.
- Being rich in potassium it is helpful in regulating blood pressure.
- Its glycemic index is low therefore, ideal for diabetics. It does not causes spike in the blood glucose level after eating.
- Radish juice treats fever by reducing the inflammation.
- It is effective against insect bites and bee stings.
- Radish keeps liver and gallbladder healthy as it promotes the production and flow of bilirubin, bile; acids and enzymes.
- It relieves of headaches, nausea, whooping cough, gallstones and dyspepsia.