Nutrient Dense Packed Nuts : Pistachio
Pistachios are nutrient dense packed nuts. People have been using this nut since 6000B.C. It contains carbohydrates, proteins, fats, fiber, minerals like potassium, phosphorus, calcium, iron, magnesium, zinc, copper, manganese, selenium; vitamins like thiamine, vitamin B6, vitamin C, niacin, vitamin B5, vitamin A, vitamin E, vitamin K and carotenoids like beta carotene, lutein, zeaxanthin. It is rich source of monounsaturated fatty acids like oleic acid; polyunsaturated fatty acids and antioxidants. It has zero trans fat and cholesterol.
Why should you consume pistachio?
- It lowers cholesterol naturally, decreases LDL cholesterol, increases HDL cholesterol and therefore, keeps our heart healthy.
- It controls weight gain and helps in weight loss as it is rich in fiber, fats, protein which keeps one full and provides satiety. It forms a better snack than popcorn, potato chips and candy bars.
- Carotenoids found in pistachio is good for eyes as it improves vision and prevents cataract and, macular degeneration.
- It is a natural remedy for impotency that is erectile dysfunction. Pista has amino acid called arginine which helps in maintaining proper blood flow to the vital organs and boots nitric oxide which dilates the blood vessels.
- For diabetic patient their heart is always at risk, pista keeps their heart healthy by lowering triglycerides and cholesterol therefore good for diabetic patient. Glycation is a process where sugar forms in appropriate bond with proteins therefore making them unusable. Pista decreases the process of glycation and therefore controls diabetes.
- It decreases skin dryness due to the presence of vitamin E..
- It helps in absorption of iron due to its high copper content therefore treats anemia.